Frequently Asked Questions. Self-Serving Propaganda Thinly Disguised As
Why the heck does World Wide Wadio have such a goofy name?
By "goofy," we assume you mean "brilliantly clever." Thank you. Actually, "World Wide" started out as amusingly ironic hyperbole, and ended up as self-fulfilling prophecy. Obviously, "Wadio" is alliterative -- and, we hope, suggests that one of our specialties is funny radio.
Our initials of WWW actually came along before the World Wide Web exploded, but it's been a fortunate coincidence as our business evolved into the creation of Web content. Most importantly, the name "World Wide Wadio" was painstakingly devised to ensure that we would always have a receptionist with a sense of humor.
Other Names We Considered Before Choosing World Wide Wadio
- Wide Screen Radio
- Audio 'R' Us
- Big Ass Ideas
- Audio Masters of the Universe
- World Wide Webbio
Other Names We Didn't Consider
- General Motors
- Nathan Jr.
- People's Republic of China
- Is That A Podcast In Your Pocket?
- Dick and Bert
Where the heck do you do all the cool stuff you do?
We have satellite studios across the U.S. But it all begins in our “State-Of-The-Universe” production facilities in Hollywood -- featuring amazing penthouse views of the Hollywood hills, downtown LA, and (on a clear day) even the Pacific Ocean.
And if you come visit, there’s all kinds of fun things for you to do:
- Check out the Hollywood Sign from our studio windows
- Ride your motorcycle down the hallways of the Riot Hyatt
- Bribe your way into the Skybar
- Get bumped from your table by a big celebrity
- Stay at a hotel someone famous died in
- Wear shades in the shower
- Pitch a concept
- Come back from Dead Man’s Curve
Things NOT To Do While You’re In Hollywood
- Get bumped from your table by the guy who was the brother on The Wonder Years
- Go shopping for a snow shovel
- Point your toy UZI at a cop
- Say, “Wow! That lady at the next table looks just like Faye Dunaway, only way older!”
- Give a ride to that lady hitchhiker in the short-shorts
- Get drunker than your client
- Misplace your rental car, ‘cause you never actually noticed what color it was
- Release your pet Medfly
Why the heck do I hear that you’re expensive?
Well, once upon a time, that was somewhat true -- back in boom times, when budgets were much more generous. But times and budgets have changed… so we have, too. We’ve always been worth every penny… but since fewer pennies are available than there used to be, we can help you make the most of whatever you have to spend.
We know that radio stations will offer to create your spots for free… and that you can create a podcast with your laptop and a crappy USB microphone. But, are you really willing to settle for that level of “quality?” Let’s face it: you get what you pay for. So, we’ve come up with a handy list of things to tell your boss or your client when they inevitably say something like “How the heck can we justify spending money on a measly radio spot or a puny little podcast??!
Things That Are More Expensive Than Working With WWW
- Doing it cheap - then doing it over
- The catering budget on a TV shoot
- A rain day on a TV shoot
- Losing market share because your radio sucks
- Losing your job because your podcast sounds pathetic
- The Betty Ford Clinic
- A liver transplant
- A ride on the Space Shuttle
- A square inch of Malibu
- One pitch from Clayton Kershaw
And hey, if this list of comparisons doesn’t work, try wowing ‘em with this wise proverb:
All right, I’m convinced! You’re worth every penny! But what the heck can I do if my budget is really small?
Contact us anyway. Let’s talk about what we can do for your budget. And, under the right circumstances, we’ve sometimes been known to cut a deal.
Ways To Get Us To Cut You A Deal
- Give us lots of time
- Be flexible with your deadline or timetable
- Give us a commitment of multiple projects
- Give us lots of creative freedom
- Tempt us with a really, really cool project
- Offer us stock in your company
- Blackmail us with naked pictures of key WWW staffers
Why the heck should I hire you?
Let’s put it this way. Would you take out your own appendix? Would you produce a TV spot without hiring a director? If your answer to either of these questions is ‘yes,’ then perhaps you belong on the second list below: “People who shouldn’t hire WWW.” But if you recognize that creating fantastic sounding podcasts, phenomenal radio advertising, or sizzling sound design are each specialized, very difficult arts, then you’re more likely on the list that follows immediately:
People Who Should Hire WWW
- People who know radio is even harder than TV
- People who want their podcast to sound amazing
- People who want their TV and web video to sound as good as it looks
- People who want to win more awards
- People who actually want to help their client sell more products
- People who want their moms to be proud
- People who want a boondoggle trip to Hollywood
People Who Shouldn’t Hire WWW
- People who think radio is easy
- People who think their nephew would do a fine job producing their podcast
- People who think audio doesn’t matter
- People who also direct and shoot and edit and sound-design their own TV spots
- People who don’t care if their mothers are ashamed of them
- People who have no more shelf space for awards
So, name names. Who the heck does actually hire you?
Click on our clients link. You’ll see a list of truly smart companies with whom we’re proud to partner.
How the heck do I hire you?
Contact us through this link. We’ll get back to you right away.
If you want us to write and produce your project from scratch, the first thing we’ll probably do is ask to send us your Creative Brief (if you have one) -- or, to answer a short, simple set of questions -- our famous “5-Minute Brain Download.” In that case we’ll write a Creative Brief and submit it to you for your approval.
If you want us to produce a project you’ve written, we’ll ask you to email us the scripts, storyboard, etc.
Either way, we’ll ask a few more questions and get to work quickly to give you an estimate and a timetable.
If you’d like to come to our studios for the final production, we’d love to have you. But most of our clients prefer to work with us online, using our exclusive vSession technology. It’s like being there… without actually being there. So whether you actually come and play with us or not, you can be involved at every critical step along the way. It’s a beautiful thing.
Why the heck are you saying ‘heck’ so much on this website?
Who the Hell knows?